Welcome to Tampico, Illinois
Articles & Local History > 1893 - Susie Sipple gets burned

ddm - STERLING STANDARD (Weekly), Sterling, IL,

STERLING STANDARD (Weekly), Sterling, IL, Roll #35, Pg 8;3
Dec. 28, 1893
TAMPICO

Mrs. Susie Sipple received a terrible burn last Sunday. While filling the tank on her gasoline stove, she run it over and in her hurry, failed to wipe all of the gasoline up. When the stove was lighted, the oil at once took fire, and blazed up in her face, burning her bangs, eyebrows and face.

TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER  119 Main St., P. O. Box 154,  Tampico, IL  61283   www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com   tampicohistoricalsociety@gmail.com  President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or garyjoan@thewisp.net  Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-590-2143. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated!  Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you!  Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.