Welcome to Tampico, Illinois
Message Board > Roll of Honor Vets
Roll of Honor Vets
The Tampico Area Historical Society encompasses parts of Whiteside County and Bureau County in Illinois. Focus is on Tampico, Hume Twp., Hahnaman/Deer Grove, & Prophetstown in Whiteside County & Yorktown & Thomas in Bureau County.
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

VivianG
5 posts
Feb 28, 2007
2:29 PM
Russell, Levi L. Co. A 9 IL US Cav. Bureau Co. Civil War Vet. Buried in Los Angeles National Cemetery, Sec.34, Row D, Site 15. He was a resident of the Old Soldier's Home at the time of his death on 18 Nov. 1927.

Levi L. Russell was a brother to James Franklin "Frank" Russell, buried in Fairfield Cemetery and Larkum Corey Russell, buried in Tampico Memorial Cemetery..

Last Edited by on Feb 28, 2007 2:32 PM
Administrator
Denise
527 posts
Mar 01, 2007
5:12 AM
Hi Vivian,
I'm glad you posted this as it brought my attention to their listing in the TMC. I see the dates are incorrect for L C Russell. Not sure if it is a typo on my part or if it incorrect on original. I'll check at the Hist. Soc., but do you happen to have the birth/death dates for L .C. Russell?

I have added a link to this msg from the ROLL OF HONOR page

Roll of Honor

Thanks,
Denise
----------
Denise
Family History Coordinator
Tampico Area Historical Society

Last Edited by on Mar 01, 2007 5:19 AM
JackP
32 posts
Mar 04, 2007
1:27 PM
Thomas H. Benton Davis
Family home was Sec. 3, Hahnaman Twp.
Sources:
His obituary, published, Standard, 20 Nov. 1919
"He joined the army when he was fourteen years old and served during the war."

Page 235, History of Whiteside County, Bent - Wilson 1877, "James Renner, Walter Johnson, T. B. Davis, --------and some others enlisted in different Illinois regiments, the names of which we could not ascertain."

Burial, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER  119 Main St., P. O. Box 154,  Tampico, IL  61283   www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com   tampicohistoricalsociety@gmail.com  President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or garyjoan@thewisp.net  Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-590-2143. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated!  Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you!  Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.