Welcome to Tampico, Illinois
Message Board > William H and son Ellis Hackett
William H and son Ellis Hackett
The Tampico Area Historical Society encompasses parts of Whiteside County and Bureau County in Illinois. Focus is on Tampico, Hume Twp., Hahnaman/Deer Grove, & Prophetstown in Whiteside County & Yorktown & Thomas in Bureau County.
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Dennis Maher
2 posts
Dec 10, 2014
10:06 AM
Denise provided the obituary for William H Hackett, my maternal great grandfather. Still looking for information on my grandfather Ellis and his brother Asel. Ellis lived in Sedalia MO ~1900-1920 Both lived in Sioux City in the 20's and in Chicago ca. 1930. Ellis married Nadine Morrissey of DeWitt Iowa ca. 1893.
Denise
1004 posts
Dec 11, 2014
6:14 AM
Dennis, Do you know their death dates? And where they died? I can check a few online newspaper sites for you.
Thanks,
D
Denise
1005 posts
Dec 11, 2014
6:28 AM
There is an obit for 'an' Ellis in the Sterling Gazette:
Subject Description Date Location
Hackett, Ellis obituary 28 July 1934;10;1

The best/fastest way to get a copy of this is to contact Marilyn Anderson in the Genealogy Dept. of the Sterling Public Library where the newspapers are archived on microfilm. SPL-Genealogy@comcast.net. If for some reason Marilyn is not able to help, let me know and I will transcribe it for you on my next visit to the library.

I will continue to look for an obit for Asel.

Last Edited by Denise on Dec 11, 2014 6:32 AM
Denise
1007 posts
Dec 17, 2014
9:43 AM
WWII Draft Registration
Asel Ralph Hackett
6851 Osceola Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL

POB - Tampico, IL
DOB - Feb. 8, 1886
Name/Address of Person Who Will Alwasy Know of Your Address: Mrs. A. R. Hacekett, [same address]
Employer: U. S> Government - U.S. Army - QM Corps.
Place of Employment: 1425 S. Racine Ave., Chicago, IL
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 248 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: White
Complexion: Ruddy
Wears glasses
April 27, 1942
Chicago City Board No. 62
6733 Olmsted Ave., Chicago, IL

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER  119 Main St., P. O. Box 154,  Tampico, IL  61283   www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com   tampicohistoricalsociety@gmail.com  President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or garyjoan@thewisp.net  Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-590-2143. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated!  Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you!  Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.