Welcome to Tampico, Illinois
Message Board > road improvements
road improvements
The Tampico Area Historical Society encompasses parts of Whiteside County and Bureau County in Illinois. Focus is on Tampico, Hume Twp., Hahnaman/Deer Grove, & Prophetstown in Whiteside County & Yorktown & Thomas in Bureau County.
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

GeneS
9 posts
Jul 11, 2018
9:25 PM
I remember many trips in the 1940's when we drove from Rock Falls to visit our family ( McCombs and Egerts ) in Tampico.

Prophets Town Rd. at the time was paved on one side only and Oncoming traffic had to get off.
Main street had a section paved with bricks.

Last Edited by GeneS on Jul 11, 2018 9:30 PM
Denise
1128 posts
Sep 04, 2018
11:36 AM
They paved Main St. in 1910. I wish we still had them. I remember there was a photo somewhere during Tampico Days and there was a float made by a McCombs. Can't recall the first name.

Thanks for sharing some of your memories Gene.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER  119 Main St., P. O. Box 154,  Tampico, IL  61283   www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com   tampicohistoricalsociety@gmail.com  President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or garyjoan@thewisp.net  Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-590-2143. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated!  Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you!  Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.