Welcome to Tampico, Illinois
Message Board > J. H. Hellier
J. H. Hellier
The Tampico Area Historical Society encompasses parts of Whiteside County and Bureau County in Illinois. Focus is on Tampico, Hume Twp., Hahnaman/Deer Grove, & Prophetstown in Whiteside County & Yorktown & Thomas in Bureau County.
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Taylor
25 posts
Mar 03, 2010
4:30 PM
I am interested in finding out what type of store J. H. Hellier owned in Tampico in the 1930's and where it was located.

Thank you.
Denise
521 posts
Mar 04, 2010
9:48 AM
I'll check the newspapers at the historical society for an ad.
JackP
120 posts
Mar 04, 2010
12:57 PM
This might help.

Sterling Gazette Friday, July 3, 1925, p.9;
O.L. Quaintance has opened a restaurant and ice cream parlor in the Jack Hellier building on Main Street.

1920 Tampico census.... John Hellier age 41, occ. Auctioneer.

!930 Tampico census.... John H. Hellier, Merchant; and next to him is Burt D. Greenman who is manager Drug store.

Jack
JackP
121 posts
Mar 07, 2010
3:44 PM
I found a little more....
Sterling Gazette, April 30, 1926:
Jack Hellier opened his store on Monday morning in the building vacated by Otto Quaintance.

Genealogytrails..... obit of Mrs. Charles J. Hamblock, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Brown, 8 July 2003;

Corene A. (Brown) Hamblock ---- at one time worked at Hellier's Grocery Store, that was owned by her Aunt and Uncle.

Jack

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER  119 Main St., P. O. Box 154,  Tampico, IL  61283   www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com   tampicohistoricalsociety@gmail.com  President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or garyjoan@thewisp.net  Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-590-2143. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated!  Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you!  Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.