Newsletter/Mailing List >
Tampico Calendar of Events - Sept. 2010
Tampico Calendar of Events - Sept. 2010
Sep 3, 2010
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like your Tampico Event posted in our COE. The Calendar is also submitted to local newspapers.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
* Sept. 1, 1:30 p.m. - Tampico UMC Guest Day. Program and Dessert. Contact: Ann Martin, Pres., Martha's Circle,815-438-7039, or Lorraine Gaskill, Pres. of Rebecca Circle, 815-438- 2789 if you would like to attend.
* September 11 from 4pm-7pm at the Tampico Ambulance Building. On the menu will be BBQ pork & Beef sandwiches, Hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, pickle spears, cookies and drink. Cost is a free will donation. DJ & 50/50 drawing. Contact: Karen @ 815-632-7880.
* Sept. 9, 6 p.m. - MEXICAN TRAIN DOMINOES. (Change in venue) Will be played at GOOD TIMES this week instead of the Community Bldg.
* Sept. 16, 23 & 30, 6 p.m. (Thursday), MEXICAN TRAIN DOMINOES played in Community Bldg.
* Sept. 13, 12 noon - Tampico Community Club - meet at noon for lunch in Good Times (back room). After lunch, they will stay at Good Times for dessert and games. (They will NOT meet in the Community Bldg. this month)
* Sept. 13, 10a.m. - IL Historic Homes Organization will visit the R. Reagan Birthplace and Tampico Historical Museum. Extra volunteers appreciated for both buildings. Contact: Joan Johnson, 815-622-8705, or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Sept. 16, (Thursday) - 12:30 p.m.. - TALRPC - Meet in back room of Good Times, Main St., Tampico. The Tampico Area Long Range Planning Committee is an umbrella group for area Businesses, Organizations and residents that have an interest in Tampico. This group offers a platform to discuss planned events as well as ideas to better the community. Contact: Terry Gaskill for more information. 815-535-3665
* Sept. 28, 6 p.m. - TAHS (Tampico Area Historical Society). Meet in the Tampico Memorial Cemetery - Program: Moore Monument will have a representative there to demonstrate the proper care for various headstones and how to clean them using appropriate preservation etiquette. A brief business meeting will be held in the historical building afterward.
* OCTOBER - The following was printed in the Prairie State Gazette, an online newspaper for the IL State Historical Society:
The 100th anniversary of the birth of President Ronald Reagan will be commemorated with an ISHS motor-coach tour of "Reagan Country" this fall. Additional tour destinations include sites associated with the Black Hawk War and Abraham Lincoln; the John Deere Interpretive Center at Grand Detour; Dixon and the Rock River Valley; ISHS historical markers along the way; and the Laredo Taft monument to Native Americans on the bluffs above Oregon. The dates for the tour are Friday and Saturday, October 8-9, 2010.
The fall tour will also include a historical marker dedication in Tampico, Ronald Reagan's birthplace, approximately 15 miles south of Sterling. The marker dedication is being planned with the Tampico Historical Society and the Ronald Reagan Foundation of Simi Valley, California. The tour promises to be one of the highlights of the fall season, amidst the the beautiful autumnal colors of the Rock River Valley. The tour will operated from the Comfort Inn in Dixon, Illinois. Registration deadline is September 15, 2010. Society member rates are $145.00 per person; non-member rates are $165.00, which include tour, all meals, and entry fees. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Inn at the rate of $73.00 per night. For more information call the ISHS office at 217-525-2781.
TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER 119 Main St., P. O. Box 154, Tampico, IL 61283 www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com email@example.com President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or firstname.lastname@example.org Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-590-2143. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated! Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you! Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.