Header Graphic
Newsletters > FGS Conference Special Events
FGS Conference Special Events

Jul 20, 2011

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:29 PM
Subject: To Editors/Webmasters - FGS Conference Special Events
To: Newsletter Editors, Quarterly Editors, and Webmasters of Illinois
Genealogical/Historical Societies
From: FGS 2011 Local Conference Committee
Date: July 20, 2011
Subject: Special Events at Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference

A few months ago we told you that the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) annual conference would be held September 7-10, 2011 in Springfield, Illinois. And with under 50 days until the conference, we have even more exciting news to share! Two special events will be held in conjunction with the FGS 2011 Conference, on Saturday, September 10. A brief description of each event is available below, with a link to the full press release, which contains all of the details. We are asking societies throughout Illinois to share this exciting news with their members by publishing information in your newsletter, quarterly, website, or blog.

Ancestry Day – Ancestry.com will host Springfield Ancestry Day on Saturday, September 10 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Hilton Hotel in Springfield, Illinois. For a registration fee of $20, participants have a unique opportunity to learn how to get started with their family history. Those interested in registering for this event should visit https://www.fgs.org/AncestryatFGS2011. Participants do not need to be registered for the FGS Conference to attend Ancestry Day.

Full press release for Ancestry Day (opens a PDF) – http://fgs2011media.weebly.com/uploads/6/2/9/0/6290166/20110720_fgs2011_ancestry_day.pdf

Kids Camp – FamilySearch will host Kids Camp, designed for youth ages 10 to 14, on Saturday, September 10 from 9 am to 12 pm at the Hilton Hotel in Springfield, Illinois. This free event offers a hands-on approach aimed at helping young people develop an appreciation for their family history. Advanced registration is required by emailing kidscamp@fgs.org.

Full press release for Kids Camp (opens a PDF) – http://fgs2011media.weebly.com/uploads/6/2/9/0/6290166/20110623_fgs2011_kids_camp.pdf

For more information about the FGS 2011 Conference, please or visit our website at http://fgs.org/2011conference.

TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER  119 Main St., P. O. Box 154,  Tampico, IL  61283   www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com   tampicoareahistory@gmail.com  We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated!  Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you!  Visit us on FACEBOOK.