Submitted by Melva Taylor
The Sterling Daily Gazette, Sterling, Illinois
September 7, 1931 - Monday, pg 3, col. 5
GLADYS SUTTON & CLYDE C. HANKS
WEDDING TAKES PLACE SATURDAY
Miss Gladys Sutton and Clyde Hanks Wed
The marriage of Miss Gladys Sutton, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Avery Sutton of Harmon and Clyde C. Hanks, son of Mr. and Mrs. C. O. Hanks of Rock Falls, occurred at 8 o'clock Saturday evening. Rev. Fr. M. B. Krug performed the ceremony in the parsonage of the Sacred Heart church. They were attended by Mr. and Mrs. William Lee of Dixon, the groom's brother and sister-in-law.
The bride wore a becoming gray and white travel suit with hat and accessories to match. She carried pink rose buds.
A wedding supper was served to a dozen relatives of the bridal pair, at the home of the groom's parents, 207 East Sixth street. The table was prettily trimmed in pink and white with a large wedding cake for the centerpiece. It was topped with a miniature bride and groom.
The newly weds departed Sunday morning for Chicago to spend a week with the groom's auint, Mrs. Louis Furry. They will reside in the C. O. Hanks home for the present.
Mrs. Hanks has resided in Sterling the past two years with her aunt, Mrs. A. Reigle. She is a very sweet young lady and has made many friends here. Mr. Hanks is a well known Rock Falls boy. Best wishes are extended to them for happiness.