submitted by Melva Taylor
The Daily Gazette, Sterling-Rock Falls, Illinois
December 5, 1955 - Monday, pg 10 col 1
AUDREY LANE & WARREN CURRY
Audrey Lane, Loyal Curry Repeat Bridal Pledges At Leon Methodist Church
Miss Audrey Lane, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Lane of Prophetstown, and Loyal Curry, son of Warren Curry, also of Prophetstown, were united in marriage at the Leon Methodist Church Sunday at 2:30 o'clock. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. C. F. Chasteen and the Rev. Stockton Swaney assisted.
The altar was decorated with two candelabra with white tapers and two altar vases filled with white pompons, set off by palms and ferns. The traditional white carpet was laid with white bows marking the pews.
A prelude of wedding music preceded the ceremony and the traditional wedding marches were played by Mrs. M. L. Lindsay. Soloist, Kenneth Hansen, sang "Through the Years" and "Because" before the ceremony and "The Lord's Prayer," while the couple knelt at the altar.
Mrs. Gerald Rebert, sister of the bride, was matron of honor and Mrs. Donald Seifert and Mrs. Charles Sonnenburg, close friends of the bride, were bridesmatrons. Dr. J. L. Sly, friend of the bridegroom, was best man, and Verne Curry and Robert Curry, brothers of the bridegroom were groomsmen. Edwin Nuelle, Gerald Rebert, Robert Nuelle and Vesta Vittitow were ushers.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of rose pattern Chantilly lace, French imported. The fitted bodice of lace had a scoop neckline effect and the long sleeves ended in points over the hands. The skirt had a front panel of lace, the sides of the gown were of nylon pleated ruffles with a panel of lace ending in a chapel length train. The nylon french illusion veil of fingertip length had a headdress of pearlized orange blossoms, lace and pearls. The bride carried a white Bible with an orchid surrounded by white pompons in small cascade style. White double faced satin picot ribbon streamers with lovers knots and flowers were caught up in the arrangement. The bride's only jewelry was a strand of pearls, gift of the bridegroom.
The matron of honor wore a winter blue strapless gown of ballerina length, with a fitted bodice of lace, lace points extending into the full net skirt. The jacket was of matching lace, buttoning at the neckline. The bridesmatrons wore a lighter shade of blue gowns styled the same as that of the matron of honor. Each carried a cascade bouquet of white large standard chrysanthemums and shattered mums. White satin leaves and white satin ribbon streamers accented the bouquet. Their headdresses were made of white tubular velvet fashioned in Juliet caps with white flowers on the left side that matched their bouquets. Each wore a rhinestone bracelet, gift of the bride. The bride's mother wore a smoky blue crepe dress with black accessories and a corsage of white frenched carnations and ivy foliage.
A reception was held immediately after the cermony in the church parlor for about 200 relatives and friends. The serving table held a four-tiered wedding cake baked by Mrs. Arthur Fotzler. White flowers and green encircled the cake and punch bowl. Mrs. Ray Winkler served as reception hostess. Crystal candelabra with tall white tapers were on either side of the cake. Other appointments were carried out in blue and white, the bride's chosen colors.
After the initial cut by the bride and bridegroom, the cake was served by Mrs. Vesta Vittitow, aunt of the bride. Coffee was poured by Mrs. Verne Curry, sister-in-law of the bridegroom. Waitresses were friends of the bride and wore blue and white organdy aprons, gifts of the bride.
Assisting in the kitchen were Mrs. Raymond Spath, Mrs. Jim Duling, Mrs. John Albrecht, Mrs. Carl Koehler, who also wore blue and white aprons. Mrs. Paul Brunk was in charge of the guest book. Assisting with gifts were Miss Ila Mae Clary, Mrs. Carl Melton, Mrs. Lester Pratt. Everyone who assisted with the wedding or reception received a corsage as a gift.
Mr. Curry graduated from Prophetstown High School in 1949 and served four years in the United States Air Force. Mrs. Curry graduated from Prophetstown High School in 1954 and took a nine months business course at American Institute of Commerce in Davenport. She was a former employe at Eclipse Lawn Mower Co.
The couple left on a short wedding trip, destination unknown. For going away the bride wore a two piece charcoal wool dress with red and black accessories and the orchid from here bouquet. The couple will reside in Davenport, Ia., where Mr. Curry will attend the Palmer School of Chiropractic.
Guests were from Davenport, Ia.; Gary, Ind.; Sterling, Rock Falls, Morrison, Lyndon, Tampico and Prophetstown.