Transcribed by Deb Thormahlen
7 Jun 2008
Frederick J. Beuzeville, dealer in boots, shoes, harnesses, etc., at Morrison, was born April 17, 1849, in Vienna, Ontario Co., N.Y., and is the son of George and Miriam (Prescott) Beuzeville. His parents were born in England, and in the 1842 emigrated to the United States, and located in Ontario Co., N.Y. In 1854 the family came to Morrison, and nine years later went to Lyons, Iowa. They went thence in 1882 to Plankington, Aurora Co., Dak., where they are still residing.
Mr. Beuzeville learned his trade of his father, who has followed the business of harness-maker in the various places where he has been located. The son began to acquire a knowledge of its various details at Lyons, Iowa, when he was 17 years of age, and after working under his father’s supervision until 1869, he came to Morrison and established the business enterprise in which he has since been engaged. In 1872 he bought the building which he first operated, and the site therewith, and on the latter in 1875 he erected the brick building which he now occupies, situated on the principal business street at Morrison. Mr. Beuzeville owns also his residence and two valuable city lots in the vicinity of the fairground.
Jan. 5, 1874, he formed a matrimonial alliance with Maria Evans, and they have three children: Eva, born Jan. 20, 1875; Lela, April 17, 1877; and Mabel, May 7, 1879. Mrs. Beuzeville was born the daughter of Erastus and Caroline (Frink) Evans. Her mother was born May 1, 1827, in Eaton, Madison Co., N.Y. Her father was born in 1824, in Hasting, N.Y., and died when he was 31 years of age, before the birth of his daughter.