Tampico Calendar of Events
Tampico Calendar of Events
Jul 18, 2010
Just an update on what's happening in Tampico. I will update again when I have the programs for the TAHS meetings confirmed. T
* FARMERS MARKET, Saturdays, 8a-12n - in Reagan Park. They welcome others in the area to set up individual booths for sales of their handicraft or baked items. Contact: Dennis Morath
* Through October - The Ronald Reagan Birthplace & Museum is open for tours through October, Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Sundays, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Contact: Joan Johnson, 815-622-8705
* July 27, 7 p.m. - TAHS regular meeting. (119 Main St., Tampico) Contact: Joan Johnson, president. 815-622-8705 (Program TBD)
* August 2, 12:00 - Tampico Community Club - Eat at Good Times Grill. After lunch, go over to Community Bldg. Program: IL State Police to discuss Thompson Prison. Root Beer Floats for dessert.
* August 4 - TACB sponsored trip to see "Big River" on the showboat in Clinton, IA. Includes lunch at Candlelight Restaruant in Clinton. Reservations requested by July 4th. Contact Terry Gaskill: 815-535-3665. WAITING LIST ONLY
* August 6th & 7th, 6p.m. - TAMPICO BATTLE OF THE BANDS in the Ball Diamond (west of town). This is a non-alcoholic event for all ages. Gates open at 5p.m. Early ticket prices, $10. At-the-gate tickets - $15. Purchase at: Dutch Diner, Tampico; Happy Joes, Morrison or Rock Falls. Contact: Ken - 815-499-3511 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or www.tampicobattleofthebands.webs.com. Saturday Tournaments include: Volleyball (5 person teams), Bag Toss (2 person teams) and Tug-of-war teams. Food/Drinks & Bonfires.
* August 24, 6:30 p.m. - TAHS annual "Pot Luck" - Meet in the Community Building. Bring a dish to pass and your own plate & utinsels. Beverages provided. Contact: Joan Johnson 815-622-8705.
* Sept. 28, 6 p.m. - TAHS regular meeting. Program: Moore Mortuary will give a presentation in the Tampico Memorial Cemetery on the proper way to clean and care for headstones. We will meet one hour earlier than usual. Meet in Tampico Memorial Cemetery at 6 p.m. Public invited!
* October 9, 2010 - Dedication of an Historic Marker to be placed in the Reagan Park. Donations & questions can be directed to Joan Johnson, coordinator of the Reagan Birthplace & Museum. 815-438-7581, 815-622-8705.
2011 - Ronald Reagan Centennial Birthday GALA
SPONSOR: Reagan Birthplace
DATE & TIME: February 4, 2011 --- to be announced
LOCATION Deer Valley Country Club, 3298 Hoover Road (Ill. Route 40), handicap accessibility – yes
CITY: (1 mile north of) Deer Grove STATE: IL ZIP: 61243
DESCRIPTION OF EVENT
Dinner/Dance with special speaker –
CONTACT PERSON: Joan Johnson
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 815-622-8705 E-MAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com or garyjoanthewisp.net
TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER 119 Main St., P. O. Box 154, Tampico, IL 61283 www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com firstname.lastname@example.org We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated! Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you! Visit us on FACEBOOK.