Newsletter/Mailing List >
TAHS Meeting - Nov. 23, 2010
TAHS Meeting - Nov. 23, 2010
Nov 17, 2010
Here is a reminder of the TAHS regular meeting, Tuesday, Nov. 23, 7:00 p.m., held in the Historical Bldg, 119 Main St., Tampico. Program: John Gragert, designer for Moore Monument & Granite Co. will discuss possible "fund raising" ideas that would be unique to Tampico. These could be used towards the Reagan Statue or incorporated into the Reagan Centennial Birthday Celebration. Please make an effort to attend this meeting. Your support and ideas are welcomed and encouraged. Thank You.
Updated Calendar of Events
* Nov. 18 (Thursday) 12:30 p.m. - Tampico Area Long Range Planning Committee (TALRPC) - meet in back room of Good Times. Lunch available. Contact: Terry Gaskill, 815-535-3665
* Nov. 18, (Thursday), 1:30 p.m. - Ribbon Cutting - Little Grocery Store (formerly Posten's)
* Nov. 18, (Thursday), 2:00 p.m. - Ribbon Cutting - Jim's Garage (formerly RJ Repair)
* November 19 (Friday), 6:00pm - Fund Raiser for Kourtnie Link Location: Tampico Methodist Church. Contact: Dixie Myers or Denise Mickelson.
* Nov. 20, (Saturday) - Prophetstown Parade - The TAHS & Tampico Lions Club will enter their HY&T train and Caboose. If you would like to ride on the caboose, contact: Joan Johnson, 815-622-8705 (while there is room)
* Nov. 23, (Tuesday), 7:00 p.m. - Tampico Area Historical Society (TAHS) regular meeting. Program: John Gragert of Moore Monument & Granite Co. discussing designs and fund raising concepts. Contact: Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Nov. 25, Dusk - 10:00 p.m. - JOHNSON DRIVE-THROUGH CHRISTMAS DISPLAY - Gary Johnson of rural Tampico is once again putting his large Christmas display together. The farm, located at 1720 Matznick Road, southwest of Tampico, features many lighted displays, including over 20 illuminated toy soldiers, 2 nativity sets and several Santas and a wooden train. Thanksgiving night will be the first time to view the drive thru display. Lights will be on from dusk until 10 PM every night until New Years, unless the weather is bad. Info: Joan Johnson, 815-622-8705
CHRISTMAS IN THE COUNTRY
* (Saturday), Dec. 4: 4 p.m. - Royalty Contest in Gazebo, corner of Main/Market streets. Reigning Royalty will draw the winners. Afterward, Royalty will light the Main Street & Gazeb o Christmas lights.
* Dec. 4, 4:30-ish - Visits with Santa, hot chocolate & cookies and Christmas carols in the Ambulance Bldg. Caboose rides around town to see Christmas lights.
* Week of Dec. 19, "House Lighting Contest" will be judged by prior year's winners. Winners receive monetary gift and plaque, compliments of the Tampico Christmas in the Country committee.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - Dutch Diner now has a website! http://dutchdiner.webs.com/
TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER 119 Main St., P. O. Box 154, Tampico, IL 61283 www.tampicohistoricalsociety.com email@example.com President Joan Johnson, 815-438-7581 or firstname.lastname@example.org Family History Coordinator, Denise McLoughlin 815-718-3617. We are an all-volunteer organization so your donations are always appreciated! Sign up to receive our e-newsletter. Thank you! Visit us on FACEBOOK, too.