From : "Pritchard" Date : Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:25:31 -0600
To : "Tampico Historical Society" <firstname.lastname@example.org> [+]
Subject : Joseph Teach
Descendants of Joseph Alfred Teach
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH ALFRED TEACH (JOHN A.TEACH, PETER TEACH, MATHIAS, JOHANN PETER DIETZ, JOHANN ULLRICH, JOHANN ADAM, THOMAS) was born 25 Apr 1852 in Pa., and died 17 Apr 1929 in Tampico, Illinois. He married ALICE M. ROGERS 1874 in Pa. or MD.. She was born Aug 1851 in Md., and died 18 Jun 1929 in Rockford, Illinois.
Notes for JOSEPH ALFRED TEACH:
Joseph A., the third child of the John A. and Mary Ann (VanDrew) Teach family. John A. and Mary Ann are my 2nd great-grandparents.
Joseph and Alice raised their grandson, Joseph LeVerne Teach, b. P-town, raised Tampico, who became the author of PETER TEACH and his DESCENDANTS.
1929 Joseph A Teach
Transcribed by Denise McLoughlin
Thursday, April 18, 1929
PROMINENT RESIDENT ANSWERED LAST CALL
Joseph A, TEACH, one of the prominent residents of this place passed away at about 6 o’clock Wednesday morning, April 17 at the age of 76 years, 11 months and 22 days. He had been in poor health for the past year or more and suffered a stroke some weeks ago from which he never rallied. For many years he had been engaged in business here, retiring when ill health made in impossible to continue at his work. He made many friends by his honorable dealings and friendly disposition and he will be greatly missed by many. At this time no funeral arrangements have been made.
Children of JOSEPH TEACH and ALICE ROGERS are:
2. i. OSCAR2 TEACH, b. 26 Mar 1875, Altoona, Pa.; d. 24 Dec 1953, Peoria, Illinois.
3. ii. CORA MAY TEACH, b. 1877, Maryland; d. 28 Apr 1937, Rockford, Illinois.
4. iii. CLAYTON BERDETTE TEACH, b. 26 Aug 1882, Maryland; d. 30 Jan 1940, Spokane, Washington.
iv. HARRY TEACH, b. 16 May 1883, Tampico, Illinois; d. 01 Oct 1885, Tampico, Illinois.
5. v. DOLLIE R. TEACH, b. 13 Jun 1886, Illinois; d. 31 Dec 1952.
6. vi. RALPH LEROY TEACH, b. 07 Jan 1888, Tampico, Illinois; d. 14 Nov 1955, Tampico, Illinois.
Generation No. 2
2. OSCAR2 TEACH (JOSEPH ALFRED, JOHN A.TEACH, PETER TEACH, MATHIAS, JOHANN PETER DIETZ, JOHANN ULLRICH, JOHANN ADAM, THOMAS) was born 26 Mar 1875 in Altoona, Pa., and died 24 Dec 1953 in Peoria, Illinois. He married (1) ANNA GOLDEN. He married (2) MINA MINNIE EKDAHL 15 Oct 1896 in Morrison, Il.. She was born 26 Mar 1879 in Bureau Co., Illinois, and died 17 Mar 1907 in LaSalle, Illinois.
Notes for OSCAR TEACH:
Teach - Eckdahl 1896
Transcribed by Les Niemi - Tampico Tornado Newspaper
October 17, 1896 -
Oscar TEACH and Miss Mina ECKDAHL were married at Morrison, Ill., Thursday Oct. 15th, 1896 by Justice E.W. PAYNE. The happy couple immediately left for Clinton, Iowa, where they visited until today. They have the congratulations of a large circle of friends here and the Tornado bespeaks for them a bright and prosperous future.
Notes for MINA MINNIE EKDAHL:
Parents per 1880 Census, Bureau Co., Fairfield Twp.
Benjamin and wife Christina, both b. Sweden.
Children; Anna b. VT., Emma b. IL., Matilda, Frederich, Eddie, Victor, and our Minnie age 1.
MRS. OSCAR TEACH IS DEAD
Seccumbs At LaSalle Hospital Following Severe Surgical Operation
Mrs. Oscar TEACH of Spring Valley, a former resident of Tampico, died last Sunday morning at 11:45 in the sister's hospital at LaSalle where she had been taken ten days pervious for treatment and an operation which was performed March 9. Her condition gradually grew worse after the severe ordeal and eight days after it she passed away.
The remains were brought here Monday evening and taken to the home of her brother, V.C. EKDAHL where they lay until Tuesday when the funeral services were held. Brief services were held at the house at 10:00 o'clock after which services were held at the Methodist church, Rev. J.G. ARMSTRONG officiating, assisted by Rev. G.C. WRIGHT. Music was rendered by a quartette composed of Mesdames HELLIER; Bert MEREDITH and John HELLIER [sic - no fourth person noted.] The pall bearers were John STROUSS, Gid LOVE, Jay CANTLIN, Henry PITNEY, Sherman CUMMINGS and George ISHERWOOD. The Royal Neighbors attended the funeral in a body and took charge of the services at the grave. Interment was in the Tampico cemetery. There were a number of beautiful floral tributes.
Mina Minnie EKDAHL was born March 26, 1879 near Tampico and was cut down right in the prime of life. She was married to Oscar TEACH October 15, 1896 after which they resided in Tampico for some time, later moving to Prophetstown then Rutland and finally locating in Spring Valley where he conducted a blacksmith shop. She leaves to mourn her death, her husband and one sone, eight years old, five sisters and two brothers, Vic EKDAHL of this place, Fred JOHNSON of Morrison, Annie PETERSON of Green Oak, Emma CHRISENSON of La Platta, Mo., Tilda ANDERSON of Tower City, North Dakota, Mrs. James ARNOLD and Mrs. Joseph ARNOLD of Tampico.
Mrs. TEACH was a sweet, pleasant lady who was indeed a cheering, helpful companion in the home where she will be sorely missed, alike by husband and son who have been robbed of the most precious heritage - mother. The relatives surely have the sympathy of their many friends in their hour of sore distress.
Children of OSCAR TEACH and MINA EKDAHL are:
i. VERNON3 TEACH, b. 1897; d. 1897, Tampico, Illinois.
ii. JOSEPH LEVERNE TEACH, b. 02 Aug 1899, Prophetstown; d. Aug 1984, Kilmarnock, Lancaster Co., Virginia; m. MARION ANITA BERRYHILL, 01 Sep 1923, Chicago, Illinois; b. 07 Aug 1900, Freeport, Illinois; d. 13 May 1999, Kilmarnock, Lancaster Co., Virginia.
Notes for JOSEPH LEVERNE TEACH:
The Author of PETTER TEACH And His Descendants.
Three Children, see page 122 & 123.
3. CORA MAY TEACH (JOSEPH ALFRED, JOHN A.TEACH, PETER TEACH, MATHIAS, JOHANN PETER DIETZ, JOHANN ULLRICH, JOHANN ADAM, THOMAS) was born 1877 in Maryland, and died 28 Apr 1937 in Rockford, Illinois. She married MATTHEW HUTTON. He was born 1869, and died 1936.
Notes for CORA MAY TEACH:
Page 123, Teach Book.
Divorced after 1907.
Children of CORA TEACH and MATTHEW HUTTON are:
i. FRANCIS3 HUTTON, b. 1899; d. 1926, Freeport, Illinois.
ii. FERDINAND HUTTON, b. 1903.
Notes for FERDINAND HUTTON:
Married, Lucille Unknown.
iii. LEO HUTTON, b. 1907; d. 1925, Freeport, Illinois.
4. CLAYTON BERDETTE TEACH (JOSEPH ALFRED, JOHN A.TEACH, PETER TEACH, MATHIAS, JOHANN PETER DIETZ, JOHANN ULLRICH, JOHANN ADAM, THOMAS) was born 26 Aug 1882 in Maryland, and died 30 Jan 1940 in Spokane, Washington. He married BERTHA MAUDINA FOY 13 Aug 1902 in Morrison, Illinois, daughter of AUSTIN FOY and LUCINDA MCKENZIE. She was born 07 Nov 1883 in Illinois, and died 08 Jun 1935 in Spokane, Washington.
Children of CLAYTON TEACH and BERTHA FOY are:
i. GORDON FOY TEACH, b. 17 Mar 1903, Yorktown, Illinois; d. 23 Nov 1973, Los Angles, CA.; m. ILENE WILMA WALKER, 22 Feb 1930, Vancover, Washington; b. 17 Nov 1909, Teoka, Washington; d. 05 Jun 2004.
Notes for GORDON FOY TEACH:
Child b. 1935 and married 1966.
Notes for ILENE WILMA WALKER:
Last Residence: 83501 Lewiston, Nez Perce, Idaho, United States of America
Born: 17 Nov 1909
Died: 5 Jun 2004
State (Year) SSN issued: Railroad Board (Issued Through) (1951-1963 )
ii. ORVILLE AUSTIN TEACH, b. 02 Apr 1908, Moose Jaw, Sask., Canada; d. 08 Feb 1990, San Mateo, Daly City, CA..
iii. VELMA LUCILLE TEACH, b. 09 Sep 1909, Tampico; d. Mar 1990, Tacoma, Washington; m. WILLIAM PARK OTTEN, 19 Jun 1937, Spokane, Washington; b. 06 Jun 1909, North Platte, Nebraska.
Notes for VELMA LUCILLE TEACH:
SSDI Says Velma T. Otten, but born date matches.
iv. BURDETTE CLAYTON TEACH, b. 16 Jul 1920, Minot, N.D.; d. 02 Mar 1993, Humbolt, CA.; m. SIGRID LAURIDSEN, 25 Oct 1951, Eureka, CA.; b. 10 Jun 1922, Ferndale, CA.; d. 18 Jan 2002, Eureka, Humboldt, CA..
Notes for BURDETTE CLAYTON TEACH:
Aka Ted. m Sigrid
Two children and two grandchildren. p. 124.
5. DOLLIE R. TEACH (JOSEPH ALFRED, JOHN A.TEACH, PETER TEACH, MATHIAS, JOHANN PETER DIETZ, JOHANN ULLRICH, JOHANN ADAM, THOMAS) was born 13 Jun 1886 in Illinois, and died 31 Dec 1952. She married (1) HERBERT SMITH. She married (2) HERMAN SCHULTZ. He was born 10 Sep 1889.
Notes for DOLLIE R. TEACH:
Page 124, Teach book.
Child of DOLLIE TEACH and HERBERT SMITH is:
i. DONALD3 SMITH.
6. RALPH LEROY TEACH (JOSEPH ALFRED, JOHNA A.TEACH, PETER TEACH, MATHIAS, JOHANN PETER DIETZ, JOHANN ULLRICH, JOHANN ADAM, THOMAS) was born 07 Jan 1888 in Tampico, Illinois, and died 14 Nov 1955 in Tampico, Illinois. He married GLADYS MARGARET PALMER Abt. 1908 in Freeport, Illinois. She was born 10 Mar 1891, and died 21 Jun 1939 in Tampico, Illinois.
Notes for RALPH LEROY TEACH:
Second m. Ethel Unknown.
See page 125 for more family.
Child of RALPH TEACH and GLADYS PALMER is:
i. DON J. TEACH, b. 1912; d. 02 Feb 1933, Tampico, Illinois.